Sunday, May 2, 2010

Technology Assessment

I have truly enjoyed learning how to teach with technology. One of the most important topics I have learned from my class is to use technology as a better means for assessing students. With school computer labs and public library computer labs, all students have access to computers at some point. Computer software can aide in the instruction of all students, with or without special needs. I can not praise enough all the free shareware software out there. OpenOffice, and Google documents are just a few that equal the playing field for students.

I plan on using excel generated quizzes and knowledge queries. I plan on allowing for electronic submission of lab reports and projects. I will utilize computer presentation software and more in my classroom. Technology is here and we need to keep learning so that we can continue to educate or students of the present, if not future.

No comments:

Post a Comment